Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Time...oh the joy

Christmas time is a very busy time of year for anyone. Add four kids, and a fulltime position with The Salvation Army, it gets even worse. I have been working on Christmas bows, but as soon as I got the pictures posted on my facebook page, they were sold. I never actually got any listed on etsy. But if they are selling, I won't complain. I am just grateful that people areinterested in my products and my family supports this.




My oldest kids are 9 & 8 this year. They are in 4th and 2nd grades and I expected the "I don't believe in Santa" issues to come up with my 9 year old. Even if she didn't come to the conclusion on her own, I thought her classmates would surely ruin it for her. Well, it actually came up with my 8 year old who blurted out in front of my other 3 kids "Santa isn't real, He died" Lucky for me, the younger 2 are too little to understand what he meant by this. Or maybe that was lucky for him. I am a firm believer that you should not make the focus of Christmas all about presents, but I think it is a fun thing as a child, to believe that there is some guy who delivers gifts to everyone. Working, doing the job I do, I want my kids to have that fantasy as long as possible. I don't want them to realize that some of their friends may not get anything for Christmas. I want to keep them young and innocent I guess. Mekhi did come to me crying, explaining that he does believe in Santa, but he didn't know what to believe because his friend had told him that. There was a sigh of relief on that one...I don't want them growing up too quick...



The dogs wanted a picture too!

Merry Christmas to you and yours


No comments:

Post a Comment