Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Latest Adventure...

So I decided to make my daughter a backpack for school this year. This decision was solely based on the fact that she is in 4th grade and is at the age where "no kid uses the same backpack they had last year" I mean, why would a kid save their parents $20/backpack, and use the one they have from last year that is still in perfectly good condition? Mind you, her 7 year old brother is using the same backpack he had last year. Anyway, I had enough fabric to make her a quick drawstring backpack, and I was kind of curious to see if I could make one with no pattern or instructions. Well, I did!





Since my daughter is so short, I do have to fix the straps because they are too long. And I need to find a way to sew them in better. But in the end, she loves it and it was made with things that we already had at home!

And now my son wants one just to have since we have digital camo fabric. I think I know what the boys are getting fo Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment